Monday, January 2, 2012

Brabo

Brabo is the restaurant that I'm working at for my internship.  Right now I'm doing prep cook work.  I do a lot of chopping, peeling and the like.  I also do make some of the sauces, stocks and soups, although usually the two other prep cooks do most of the cooking.  I am learning, and it is very hard work.  Most days I enjoy it, but there are days when I ask myself why I spent all that money in culinary school just to clean mushrooms and peel tomatoes.  It does build speed, though, and even though I'm still pretty slow, I'm catching on and speeding up.  Some tasks are just tedious and take awhile.

I'm hoping to move from prep cook into the butcher shop.  I've done a little bit of butchering, but would like to learn more - it's a good skill to have.

If you want to take a closer look at the restaurant, you can check them out at www.braborestaurant.com.  Be sure to check out all three restaurants - Brabo, Brabo Tasting Room and The Butcher Shop.  It's an interesting place.

No comments:

Post a Comment