Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I conquered Hollandaise!

I stayed home from work today to practice for my practical exam tomorrow. We are making rice pilaf, tournered potatoes (tourner means that you have to cut the potato into 7 sides, looking like a football), cream puffs (the dough and the cream) and hollandaise sauce. The few times that I've made hollandaise, it has always broken or separated and after one failed attempt today, I finally got it right! Yay! Hopefully I will be able to do the same tomorrow night for my test.

In addition to making all my exam items, I also made some Thin Mint strudels - Thin Mints crumbs mixed with cream cheese and put inside of puff pastry. I had made puff pastry over the weekend, so I wanted to experiment with it. Well, it puffed alright! I think I didn't roll it out thin enough, but it made me laugh when I pulled them out of the oven.


There were one of two good looking ones, and I'm sure they taste good.








No comments:

Post a Comment